You may be experiencing neck pain and wonder if all neck discomfort is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be accompanied by a long list of other complaints. The collection of symptoms gives us an idea of why you have neck pain. Below is a list of some of the common symptoms that accompany neck discomfort:
- Headache – This may take place because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or due to trigger points within the muscles that refer pain in the head. Impinged nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness shows that the muscles are preventing movement so that no added damage will take place to the underlying structures of the neck.
- Poor range of motion – Not being able to move your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This symptom suggests that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision problems – This symptom implies that injury to your neck is more than just a strained muscle or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Low energy is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Bonita Springs, FL chiropractor, Dr. Green, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Bonita Springs, FL, call us for a session today at (239) 495-1166!
Welcome to Chiropractic Care and Rehab Center. We are a health care center dedicated to helping you improve your health naturally. Our goals are simple. We strive to help reduce your pain and restore your lost function. We want to assist you in getting your life 'back'. For those simply looking for prevention and maintenance, we are quite happy to aid you in taking quality care of yourself with natural, safe and effective chiropractic care.